Useful properties of mint appreciated in ancient times. The plant was used as an air freshener, a flavoring additive to food, as a cosmetic remedy for skin aging as a harmless sedative and analgesic.
The aroma of the leaves evokes a feeling of freshness and improves mood. The plant is part of many drug charges and has proven healing properties, especially appreciated the ability to establish a process of digestion.
If seasickness or motion sickness funds on the basis of mint help to cope with nausea and vomiting. Many people use dried grass as an addition to tea or its substitute.
But it is believed that this medicinal plant can not be used for men, because it lowers libido and weakens the potency. Is it really so?
What is the potency?
Under the potency to understand the ability of the male body to have sexual intercourse. This is a General term that includes attraction to the opposite sex, the rate of appearance of erection, the degree of tension of the penis, duration of intercourse and the ability to ejaculate. In other words, potency is a man's ability to have a fulfilling sex life and be a successor of sorts.
Nature has that men retain potency throughout life, provided the General health of the body. For this you need to lead an active way of life, not to abuse alcohol, smoke, use drugs, not be exposed to toxins (for example, in hazardous occupations), the right to be well fed, have a regular sex life.
Weakening of erection, decreased libido occurs for a number of psychological and pathological causes. In most cases it is sufficient to remove the cause to restore potency, it is sometimes necessary to resort to drugs, and popular recipes of traditional medicine.
Factors that affect potency
On the reproductive system of men is positively influenced by the following factors:
- healthy lifestyle, proper diet, exercise;
- regular moderate exercise;
- the feeling of comfort in the relationship with the partner;
- no bad habits (no Smoking, alcohol, drugs);
- positive events and personalities in everyday life (an interesting vacation, travel, long-awaited victory, the successful completion of a difficult case, an attractive new partner, etc.);
- confidence in their own abilities;
- regular sexual life with the constant partner.
Negative impact on the potency of the following factors:
- nervous strain;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- the abuse of harmful food, alcohol, drugs;
- long-term abstinence, especially in the elderly (men older than 60-70 years because of the lack of sexual activity for a long time leads to irreversible impotence);
- taking certain medicines;
- psychological problems;
- acute and chronic diseases, especially inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system.
The effect of mint on the reproductive system
There are many varieties of mint. Medicinal properties of peppermint. The plant contains a large number of useful substances: vitamins, trace elements, volatile, tannins. The strongest action it has fresh herbs and essential oil.
The reproductive system depends on the General health. But mint has the following effects on the body:
- Promotes relaxation, stress relief, helps to achieve emotional balance.
- Lowers blood pressure, which is especially important in hypertension.
- It thins the blood and prevents blood clots.
- Beneficial effect on sleep, due to consumption of mint improves the quality of recreation leave nightmares.
- Improves digestive system, helps to cope with heartburn, nausea, vomiting, flatulence.
- Prevents the formation of stones in the gall bladder, has a diuretic effect.
- Drinks with mint is better to quench thirst, refresh and tone.
- Mint does not reduce the temperature, but also improves the General condition of the patient during hyperthermia.
- Facilitates breathing in diseases of the respiratory system, sore throat, helps with coughing.
- Due to the large number of antioxidants mint removes free radicals and protects the body from aging.
- Has a slight analgesic effect.
- Used for topical treatment of diseases of the joints, is used with radiculitis, osteochondrosis.
- Protects the reproductive system and bone marrow from radiation.
Mint is used in medicinal fees in the form of tea, decoction, infusion, in cooking and beverages, in the manufacture of medicines and cosmetic means.
For relaxation after a hard day, it is useful to take a bath with a small amount of peppermint essential oil. A foot bath with a decoction of herbs will help to reduce sweating and eliminate odor.
Even in ancient times, mint was widely used in the bath. Minty vapor has a strong bactericidal effect.
Harm and contraindications
Many consider spearmint a threat to male power because of the content in the plant substances similar to female hormone estrogen. But when drinking mint in the usual amounts (1-2 cups of mint tea or a few fresh sprigs in salad or other food) is not observed.
Peppermint can reduce libido and impair erections only with regular ingestion of concentrated decoctions, infusions or fresh leaves in large quantities.
But there are cases when the use of the peppermint is contraindicated:
- If you are hypersensitive (allergic) to the plant.
- Men who suffer from varicose veins, as mint further decreases tone of vessels, what aggravates the disease.
- When planning a pregnancy. Under the influence of active components of peppermint decreases the speed of the sperm, which reduces the likelihood of fertilization during intercourse.
- In the management of transport and works that require concentration, you should limit the use of mint. This is because a medicinal herb with a relaxing effect on the nervous system and can affect concentration. But it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the organism. So some people feel relaxed after a Cup of mint tea, and on the other, and 3 cups of the beverage does not have significant influence.
Myths about the mint
Myth 1: "Mint exclusively female grass and men make it impossible".
True: peppermint is really called a female herb because of its content analogues of female hormones. But the plant contains many other nutrients that are equally apply to women and men. Positive effect on the digestive system, the nervous system, exerts a slight analgesic and antispasmodic properties.
Myth 2: "the Experiments on mice proved that the plant has a negative impact on the reproductive function".
It is true that Such research was actually conducted. For a long time the mice instead of water gave a mint infusion. The result was disorders in the reproductive system of rodents. But keep in mind that the mouse did not receive other liquid. If man is continually drinking concentrated infusion of mint, it will decrease the amount of testosterone in the blood, which will lead to a weakening of libido. And in the usual quantities mint harmless.
Myth 3: "Mint reduces the activity of sperm".
Truth: This is true, under the influence of mint speed of spermatozoa slightly decreases, but it does not affect the strength of erection or intercourse. It is not recommended to take mint infusions to men who want to conceive, although the occurrence of pregnancy and when drinking mint possible.
A folk remedy with mint, which enhance the potency
Peppermint in combination with other herbs is used as part of the means to increase potency:
- Infusion of St. John's wort, mint, clover. Mix a teaspoon of dry herb each plant and pour 200 ml of boiling water. Cover and infuse for 15-20 minutes. All the prepared infusion to drink before bedtime. The remedy stimulates the sexual glands and soothing effect on the nervous system.
- A decoction of St. John's wort, peppermint, oregano. The dry raw material (a teaspoon of each herb) pour in the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Take on the night. It is useful to add to the drink honey.
- Infusion of mint, Hypericum, clover and nettles. Fill the container with 2 tablespoons each of the herbs and pour 1 liter of boiling water. Cover with a lid, cover it with a towel to keep warm, to insist in a thermos. After 20 minutes the mask is ready. Strain and drink 200 ml to 4 times per day.
- Take 2 teaspoons of dry savory, a teaspoon of peppermint a half a teaspoon of rosemary. Grind in a coffee grinder or crush in a mortar and pour 300 ml of boiling water. After 30 minutes drink as a tea.
Mint equipment was used because of its relaxing effect, because stress negatively affects potency.
Peppermint is a medicinal plant with many beneficial properties. Has a soothing, mild pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, toning action, has a pleasant refreshing taste. In small amounts has a positive effect on the potency due to removal of nervous tension.
Contains an analogue of the female hormone estrogen, and why is considered harmful for men. When taken regularly in large doses peppermint really reduces the amount of testosterone and reduce libido. To achieve this effect, you need every day to drink three cups of the concentrated broth or a large number of fresh mint for a long time. One or two cups of mint tea will not affect the erection.
In addition, peppermint is included in the fees to increase potency.