For the treatment of erectile dysfunction considering the average age should know the signs of impotence in men 50 years of age. Depending on the time of occurrence differs between primary impotence and secondary. Initially, the primary is characterized by a complete lack of erectile function. In secondary there is a weakening or complete loss of erection despite the fact that it was originally. One type of secondary impotence is age-related (physiological) impotence.
Impotence after 50 years, has for General clinical manifestations of this disease, and specific features that puts the age of the patients.
Common symptoms of impotence
In General, symptoms of impotence can be divided into 2 main groups:
Each group has special manifestations.
About 80% of cases of this disease are of organic origin. Organic impotence develops rapidly and at once, but gradually. It is long lasting and systemic disorder. When organic impotence spontaneous night erections absent libido is not reduced, normal ejaculation.
Psychogenic impotence appears suddenly and often at a time. The main factor for its occurrence are disorders of the nervous and psychic nature: neurosis, depression, neurotic condition, the problems in relations between partners. This type of disease causes and taking medications (estrogens, anticancer drugs, antidepressants, tranquilizers). Unlike organic impotence spontaneous and night erections are present here. Psychogenic disease is variable in nature — in the absence of the negative factors, the potency may recover.
The signs of the beginning and development of impotence
The following symptoms are an indication for the diagnosis of erectile (endothelial) dysfunction. The diagnosis is considered valid at a current disorder at least 3 months. Identification of patients with 1 or more symptoms should be the occasion to appeal for medical assistance:
- A decrease in the ability to have an erection up to its complete absence. Even with a strong desire and the absence of annoying factors, the man cannot achieve the state of erection.
- The lack of full erection. When excited, the penis increases in size, further the development of an erection is to be suspended. For sexual intercourse the degree of excitation is insufficient, loss of the usual elasticity of the penis.
- Insufficient duration of erection time. The time of excitation is too short for a normal complete intercourse. Erection weakens in the process, ejaculation and not achieved.
- Premature ejaculation even in men with significant sexual experience. This symptom may occur with long-term abstinence, in this case, it refers to temporary impotence. If ejaculation occurs before intercourse, this indicates venous violation.
- Spontaneous erections at night or in the morning not observed.
- The absence or substantial reduction of libido.
- The inability of commit friction movements.
A medical examination suggests a diagnosis according to one of the psychometric scales. The recommended method is an international index of erectile function, which allows to quantify the erection to determine the severity of its violations.
Specific signs of age-related effects on the potency
About 50% of men aged 50 years and older are faced with disorders of erection. The decrease of incidence observed in younger, and increase, respectively, in the elderly. The manifestation of age-related changes is deeply individual in nature. Some men they are detected in 30-40 years, and the other organism is successfully fighting with them up to 60 years. Half a century old is a border: to its normal should not be violations of potency (or they are insignificant). In patients there was a wide range of natural changes that carry additional risks for the sexual health of men during which impotence after 50 years may occur more often than at a younger age:
- The decrease in the libido due to lower testosterone levels. Testosterone is a key component in determining the degree of libido. It also affects the immune system, carbohydrate and fat metabolism, hematopoiesis, and mineral density of bone tissue. The peak values of the amount of testosterone reaches late adolescence and gradually declines after 30 years by about 1% a year. 60-65 years (but this period depends on each specific case) comes a significant violation of erectile function. This age does impotence of an increasingly common pathology.
- The natural decline in testosterone provokes also increase the time to achieve full erection and decrease its quality.
- Effect on potency has atherosclerosis, which affects not only the vessels of the brain and heart, but the penis. In turn, this leads to vascular sexual dysfunction.
- After fifty years there has been a suppression of the adrenal glands. Reduced levels of the hormone dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), with the secretion of corticotropin. The effects of DHEA deficiency include decreased libido, low mood, low potency. Reduced muscle mass and strength.
When considering symptoms of impotence need to mention the cases of temporary properties. These include premature ejaculation, in the absence of regular sexual life. This problem causes the inability to bring the sexual act to completion as scheduled. To correct enough, as a rule, to normalize sexual life.
Age-related decline of potency is a natural and gradual fading of sexual function with age when the reproductive age comes to an end. It is important that this process took place gradually. Sudden loss of potency will be talking about possible pathologies.
Reduced potency happens with excessive sexual activity. The constant stimulation of the receptors of the brain, venous sinuses of the penis leads to a drop in their sensitivity (resistance).
During this state time is different. It depends on the individual characteristics of the organism and the amount held loads. What were they longer, the longer a temporary dysfunction. After the termination loads of the potency is gradually recovering.
Temporary cases is not a sign of impotence and require only remedial actions.
Treatment of impotence in men after 50 years depends on a correct and timely finding the cause of the disease. The question of how to deal with impotence, the answer is to give the attending physician. Self-treatment is unacceptable and often dangerous. When you are assigning therapy, the doctor takes into account not only the typical symptoms: psychogenic and organic, but the General condition of the patient. Often erectile dysfunction are associated diseases:
- diabetes (risk of 55%);
- coronary heart disease (risk of 39%);
- heart diseases and Smoking (risk of 56%);
- depression (risk of 90%);
A significant negative impact on the state of men's health have harmful habits: Smoking, alcohol consumption, low physical activity. Drugs that act on the Central nervous system (neuroleptics, anticholinergic and antihypertensive drugs) can also cause impotence.
Age 50 years — a period when many men begin to happen natural changes of the body, along with existing chronic diseases can create favorable conditions for the development of erectile dysfunction. The fight against this disease must have an integrated approach and requires medical treatment, and the patient's compliance with a healthy lifestyle.